- What information do we collect about you and how do we use it?
- Will we share your personal information with third parties?
- What security measures do we take to safeguard your personal information?
The decision to provide this information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site or Services. When you use the Site or the Services, you will have the option of setting up a personal profile by providing general information about yourself, the URL of your website, address of your blog and a mood message. Additionally, when using the Site or the Services, you will have the option to form relationships, send messages to your friends and other users, perform searches and queries, form groups, add applications, comment on content, and transmit information through various channels.
Like many websites, we employ “cookies” in certain areas of the Site to allow us to provide information which is targeted to your interests and to make your online experience more convenient. Cookies are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a visitor’s browser and are stored on the visitor’s hard drive.
- to store a user’s log-in identity so that your session won’t expire unless you actively log out
- to keep a record of the programming or advertisements you were watching when you last left the Site
- To keep a record of any widgets or other additional applications that you have installed.
For further information on cookies and how to disable cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Log Information We also keep track of your interaction with the Site, the Services, and other users. Specifically, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Site or Services.
This information includes your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, which features you use and when and how long you use them, what programming and advertising you view and share with friends and how long you view it, your browsing history on the Site and the Services (including any links that you may click within the Site or the Services), your search history, and any social connections you have (i.e., your friends and the groups you have joined).
Children’s Privacy – We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. By using our Site or Services, you promise that you are at least 13 years old. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records. In addition, we recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Information We Use As A General Matter – We use the information that you provide to us to process your user registration, and to provide, enhance and personalize the Site and the Services; and we use the information automatically collected by our servers to monitor and analyze how users use the Site and the Services, and to maintain and improve the Site and the Services.
If you register with the Site or the Services, we may use your email address for the following purposes:
- to send you email newsletters that keep you updated about the programming on the Site;
- to send you other email communications that keep you updated about features and other functionality of the Site, including, information about available upgrades, functionality and/or features,
- to ask you to participate in surveys that help us make the Site and the Services better,
- to respond to or confirm your requests or activity on the Site,
- to notify you of service issues and unusual account actions (e.g. password resets),
- To notify and warn you of inappropriate conduct, and if necessary, to inform you of the suspension or deletion of your account.
By registering with the Site or the Services, you consent to receiving these communications, but have the right to unsubscribe from receiving future emails at any time (see below).
Other Personal Information
We may use personal information that you provide, or that we learn about you, to:
- provide recommendations on programming that we think will be interesting to you based on your previous viewing history,
- ensure that the advertisements you see as part of your use of the Site and the, or any of our network websites or Features are those that we think will be interesting to you based on your previous viewing history, location, age and gender,
- personalize the Site to better reflect your interests,
- attribute your comments, ratings and other contributions to you, otherwise improve your use of the Site and the, or any of our network websites or Features
We will also use this information to help us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests, and otherwise enhance our service offering for our users. Unsubscribe If, at any point in time, you are not interested in receiving emails or other announcements from us, you will be able to “opt-out” by clicking on the specified link in any given email communication, by modifying your personal settings on the Site, or by emailing us at [email protected] – This email address is being protected from spambots.
With Other Users – Your profile information will be available to other users of the Site or the Services. You can elect not to have your profile made public using the “Public Profile” check box in your profile settings. We will publish information regarding your activity on the Site and your use of the Services in the control panel.
You can elect not to have your activities published using the relevant check box in your profile settings. All information that you post or share through your use of the Site or the Services, such as your personal profile, comments, messages, favorite programming, or other information, is done at your own risk.
Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting comments, messages, favorite programming, or other items, this information may become publicly available. As Aggregated Data we may use your personal information to provide analyses of our users in the aggregate to prospective partners, investors and other third parties.
We will also share statistical and demographic information about our users and their use of the Site and the Services with suppliers of advertisements and programming. We may also disclose and otherwise use de-identified information about users. None of the above would include anything that could be used to identify you in the offline world or to discover individual information about you.
With Service Providers – We may from time to time use third parties to manage portions of the Site or the Services, manage the administration and delivery of advertisements, facilitate our business (e.g. by hosting our servers), manage communications with you, conduct advertising or other audits, conduct surveys, or otherwise provide services to us in connection with the Site or the Services.
With our Affiliated Companies – We will share personal information with affiliated companies, and with our affiliates in the US and the UK to enable them to provide elements of the Site or the Services to you in those territories. The sections below headed “Using Your Personal Information in Other Countries” and “EU Safe Harbor Compliance” provides more information in this regard. As Otherwise Required We will share personal information we collect from you if we believe it is reasonably necessary to make available the Site and the Services, legally required, or otherwise permitted by you.
- Protection of rights. We will share personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process anywhere in the world, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is appropriate to enforce the Terms of Service for the Site or the Services, including any investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the, or any of our network websites or Features, or (iv) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of, or any of our network websites, its employees, users of the Speir Entertainment Corporation (Speir.TV), or any of our network websites or Features or others.
Third Party Applications
We, and third parties, may from time to time make small software applications – that we sometimes call “widgets” – available for your use on or through the Site. These applications may separately access, and allow a third party to view, your identifiable information, such as your name, your username, your computer’s IP Address or other information such as what you are watching during any given session, and any cookies that you may previously have installed or that were installed for you by a third party software application or website. Additionally, these applications may ask you to provide additional information directly to third parties.
You should refer to the privacy policies and statements of other websites or contact the respective web-masters of those websites to obtain information regarding their information collection, use and disclosure policies. Security We take many precautions to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access, such as internal corporate policies to limit access to systems that store your personal information.
However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Site or Services, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk. We continue to store your personal information for so long as it is necessary to provide you our service and periodically destroy old personal information in accordance with our company policies, including when it is no longer necessary to offer you the same high quality service.
In most cases, we will keep one archival copy of your information to allow us to comply with laws or respond to legal processes. Processing in the United States Please be aware that your personal information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we may process and store all information in the United States.
The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using our Site or the Services, you agree that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your personal information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
EU Safe Harbor Compliance Our US affiliates adhere to the European Safe Harbor principles as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personally identifiable information collected from citizens of the European Union. For more information, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.